We are joined for an exclusive session this week by up-and-coming Soul band, The Remedy as they launched their new EP ahead of a hectic festival schedule.
The Remedy provide a delicate balance of lyric, harmony and melody which form a great counterpoint to Chrissie’s soaring voice. By turns intimate and poignant, her songs of love, family and personal experience transfixed us.
- When James Brown impersonated Little Richard and nobody sussed it.
- How people forgot to learn the guitar for nearly a decade.
- Why the night is the best time for creativity.
- YouTube and SoundCloud have helped to create the ‘era of the underdog’.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 101 Tracklist
- Marie ‘Queenie’ Lyons – See and Don’t See
- James Brown – Prisoner of Love
- The Jungle Brothers – Straight Out the Jungle
- The Remedy – Loving You
- The Remedy – Again
- Allen Stone – Unaware (live in his mother’s living room)
- Bonobo – Eyes Down
- The Remedy – The Lift
- The Remedy – Runner Man
- Nappy Brown – Hoonie Boonie
- The Mekons – Where Were You?
- The Remedy – Soulful Summer
- The Remedy – Where’s All the Soul?
- John Motha – Zulu Boy
- Dennis Edwards – Don’t Look Any Further
- Sly & Robbie – Boops (Here to Go)