The humdrum grind of living in a city that never sleeps. What to do in Las Vegas if you don’t wanna gamble…
- Special Guest Yvan Serrano, DJ Healer Selector and Guitarist from The Dustaphonics as well as Raison D’Etre head honcho. Yvan has worked with many artists on the Surf, Soul, Rock and Roll and Rockabilly Scenes.
- Is it really possible to pick your all time top tunes? If you had to pick 100 records to represent the musical endeavour of humanity what would they be?
- Some music is meant for indoors, some for outdoors, some for day some for night. Why do some tunes suit a particular time and place?
- The Burlespue Musical scale: Do Re Me Me Me Me Me…(Ad Infinitum).
- Yvan politely declines an offer to become a pornstar.
- Mexican Rockabilly: Young kids creating a new underground scene.
- Lou Rawls, that rare breed that is engaged both musically and politically.
- Why does the music industry sign actors and fame academy graduates instead of real musicians.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 16 Tracklist
- Digital Underground – The Return of the Crazy One
- Yoko Ono – Walking on Thin Ice
- Monty Morris – Higher Than the Highest Mountain
- Cud – Only a Prawn in Whitby
- The Polaras – Cricket
- Al Castellanos – Talking Rythyms
- Stock, Hausen and Walkman – Open Up/Schweitzer
- Animal Collective – For Reverend Green
- Dustaphonics – Party Girl
- Dustaphonics – Burlesque Queen
- Gene Vincent – Race with the Devil
- The Lebron Brothers – Summertime Blues
- The Flamingos – Besame Mucho
- Joe Reisman and His Orchestra – Brasilia
- The Mighty Panther – Shame and Scandal in the Family
- Genius GZA – Investigative Reports
- Big Youth – Keep Your Dread
- The Damned – Neat Neat Neat
- The Cure – Killing an Arab
- Chicks on Speed – Sliding Down Your Rib Cage
- Nolan Corimier – Hee Haw Breakdown
- El General – Pu Tun Tun
- Sesso Matto – Le Sexe Fou
- Mike Theodore – Moon Track
- Big Mooses – Puppy Howl Blues
- Brion Bennett – Ergon
- Lou Rawls – Dead End Street
- Nat Adderley – Calling Out Loud
This Show was recorded 4th July 2011