We are really excited to present the excellent Pé De Jurema performing a captivating mix of folkoric sounds from North Eastern Brazil for you lucky listeners. There’s Maracatú, Coco de Roda and Forró for your listening pleasure.
- Why do modern rock bands still do the same ol’, same ol’, macho posturing that they’ve always done. It’s a dated shabby look chaps!
- Check out Dom Servini’s excellent Wah Wah 45’s label for the best in funk and contemporary soul moves.
- The Gilberto dynasty, Astrid and Bebel, who helped create a new idiom in Brazilian music: Bossa Nova was the cool sound of Ipanema beach and the hot sound of Rio de Janeiro’s Jazz Bars during the 60’s.
- Robert Wyatt does despotic. There’s nowt like folk!
- Brassed off with the Hackney Colliery Band.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Slides of the Band
Episode 50 Tracklist
- Helen Humes – Woojamacooja
- Tim Hardin – If I were a Carpenter
- Fred McDowell – Frisco Lines
- Hackney Colliery Band – Africa
- Astrid Gilberto – The Girl from Ipanema
- Pé De Jurema – Pipoca
- Pé De Jurema – Criola
- Pé De Jurema – Coco Da Gente / Coco Jurema
- Pé De Jurema – Dona Mariquiñha
- Pé De Jurema – Taõ Grande
- Robert Wyatt – Starlin Wasn’t Stallin’
- Naughty by Nature – Everything’s Going to be Alright
- X-Ray Spex – Warrior in Woolworths
- Pé De Jurema – Asa Branca
- Pé De Jurema – Vai Levando
- Pé De Jurema – Zambueiro / Dona Selma
- Pé De Jurema – Maracatú
- Pé De Jurema – Areia Do Mar
- Creative Source – You Can’t Hide Love
- Fuxa – Our Lips are Sealed
- The Ink Spots – Cow Cow Boogie