Matthew likes Noodles, but John and Simon like Egg Foo Young, a far superior dish… Chop Sticks Away, Chaps!
- The first Treasure Isle excursion was a gem! A mixture of early ska and calypso from Jamaica. What a fab label.
- Professor Can heard the Velvet Underground and created Kraut Rock.
- The excellent Documenta Art Show in Kassel.
- The ‘counter-cultural’ Vladimir Putin: He locks you up if he doesn’t like what you say.
- Carry on Up the Jungle with the Euro beat sound of Resonance.
- We like the dog and bone but not the boy and bone!
- The Joy of Sex – a hand drawn manual for the modern teenager.
- We love KRS-1’s mom, a Jamaican whose son brought the dancehall sound to New York. A Hot Rockin’ Momma if ever there was one!
- A warp in time and space – how the Warp records sound reflects the grey northern city of Sheffield.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 51 Tracklist
- Myron Lee & The Caddies – Homicide
- Count Lasher – Hooligan
- Captain Beefheart – I’m Going To Boogalize Ya Baby
- Can – Outside the Door
- Riot – God Bless Conchita
- Johnny Hammond – Shifting Gears
- Resonance – Safari Love
- Sleep – Dragonaut
- Boogie Down Productions – The Racist
- Roland Alfonso – 007 Shanti Town
- Ron Geesin – Twist and Knit For Two Guitars
- Animal Collective – Winter’s Love
- Alfredito – Egg Foo Young Mambo
- Martin Denny – Stone God
- Hubert Robinson – Old Woman Boogie
- Mississippi John Hurt – Sliding Delta
- Human League – Things Dreams Are Made Of
- Tricky Disco – Fly Spray
- Lucky Millinder – Chew Tobacco Rag
- James Moody – Tin Tin Deo
- Booker T and the MGS – Boot-Legg
- Lowell Fulsom – Pico
- Psychic TV – Paris