The fabulously flambuoyant Bikini Beach Band rock their surf noir sound for the Home Spun Sessions. This was a crazy gig recorded at the Red Hot Grind Show in Shoreditch.
- Japanese Gentlemen stand up please! Tightening up and funking out with The Yellow Magic Orchestra.
- Head Saucier, Googie Rene rocks the sleazy beatnik beats. We learn the difference between a titty-shaker and a grind. One not to forget!
- The classic flatshare: Robert Mapplethorpe and Patti Smith. More punk than Johnny Rotten!
- One micro-cosmic year: Youth Culture: Blink and you miss it.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 59 Tracklist
- Hop Wilson and his Blue Steel Guitar – Rocking in the Cocoanut Top
- Googie Rene – Sidetracked
- Whitey Gallagher – Gotta Roam
- Chuck Reo and the Originals – C’est La Vie
- Yellow Magic Orchestra – Tighten Up
- Ornette Coleman – Virgin Beauty
- Dave and Ansil Collins – Double Barrel
- Bikini Beach Band – Ghost Riders
- Bikini Beach Band – Sex on Fire
- Bikini Beach Band – Tequila
- Bikini Beach Band – Hawaii 5-0
- Patti Smith – Privilege (Set Me Free)
- Etta James – At Last
- Fabian Andre – Rumor Tropical
- Musique Kongo
- Bikini Beach Band – Blue Monday
- Bikini Beach Band – LA Creepa
- Bikini Beach Band – Wipeout
- Bikini Beach Band – Misirlou
- Wire – Mr Suit
- The Monks – Love Come Tumblin’ Down
- Slick – Space Bass