We have an extended, special this week with the astonishing live freeform soundscapes of Orchestra Elastique. Their music is a place of encounter, a musical catalyst, a Vorticist experiment and a new musical paradigm. Check Orchestra Elastique’s future gigs.
- How Geordie band, The Animals brought Jimi Hendrix over to busk on the streets of Newcastle, His first gig in the UK?
- The early Blue Beat sound of Duke Reid.
- Hoffman the Dr of Theremin. You’d play it in your lab coat wouldn’t you?
- How musicians interact in free-form pieces: It’s all about listening and mutual respect, but make sure to make a surprise instrument!
- Catch a desert wave! The Arab-Surf, Moog-Beats of Omar Khorshid.
- The power of music to transport comes from the ritualistic celecbration. Music can lift the human spirit to a shamanistic trance-like state.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Photos of the Band:
Slides of the Vinyl:
Episode 63 Tracklist
- The Versatones – Bila
- Jiving Juniors – Lollipop Girl
- The Animals – Inside Looking Out
- Kevin Coyne – Some Dark Day
- Orchestra Elastique – My Dog was on the Canapé Yesterday (Live)
- Omar Khorshid – Rakset El Fadaa
- Anahoretii – Padurile Fosneau
- Dr Samuel J Hoffman – This Room Is My Castle Of Quiet
- Marvin Philips – Salty Dog
- Thee Oh Sees – Block Of Ice
- R Stevie Moore – Pop Music
- Orchestra Elastique – Home Spun Sessions (Live)