In true punk style Crass bring you spiky guitars and a DIY ethic on their graphics whilst bringing the Anarchist politics home with a bang. It’s a big bang too on “Big A Little A”.
- Shark Fin Soup: Lalo Schifrin gets his teeth into Jaws.
- All at sea: that’s where you’ll find our rubbish these days. From plastic bags to tampons, most of it floats.
- Rockin’ on the Go-Go scene: Sam the Beast takes Washington Go-Go to another level.
- Ol’ Frenchy gets chopped up by English: When Pierre Henry met Coldcut.
- East meets West as Don Cherry joins tabla meister Latif Khan.
- Surviving the mean streets of NYC with Grandmaster Melle Mel.
- The talent of Brian Jones – how the Rolling Stones looked far and wide to incorporate other musical styles within their own.
- When calypso meets Swing, Wilmoth Houdini toots it well!
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 84 Tracklist
- Sun City Girls – Ben’s Radio
- Bobby Gentry – Mississippi Delta
- Lalo Schifrin – Jaws
- Leven Signs – Our Position Vanishes
- Karl Denver – Zimba
- Mo-Dettes – Paint It Black
- The Toppers – Let me Bang Your Box
- Wilmoth Houdini & His Royal Calypso Orchestra – Million Dollar Feet
- Grand Master Melle Mel – Survival
- Sam the Beast – Gucci Dance (Oh My God Mix)
- Crass – Big A Little A
- Cabaret Voltaire – No Escape
- Pierre Henry – Psyche Rock (Coldcut remix)
- Philip Cohran African Heritage Ensemble – The African Look
- Fela Kuti – Lady
- Don Cherry & Latif Khan – Rhythm 58¼
- Asha Bhosle – Aao Huzoor Tum Ko