Hot African night, the Afro Palace join us to promote their gig at the New Empowering Church this Friday featuring Yaaba Funk & Ebo Taylor (visiting from Ghana) and play us some super funky Afro beats for your delectation.
- Curried Beats: the tasty Lata Mangeshkar comes with Sauce!
- When an eccentric English gentleman tries out new ideas: The uncategorizeable work of Fred Frith featuring Bill Laswell.
- Solid gold members only: How Errol Flynn sent a cast of his cock to his lover. Let’s hope for their sake he was well endowed!
- When Iggy Pop met Tom Waits for “Coffee and Cigarettes”; Make sure you check out the brilliant Jim Jarmusch film.
- Creating your own scene: How bands like the Happy Mondays took influences like ESG to create their own Madchester scene.
- We got a hunch you’ll need to brace yourselves. John Brings the noise!
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 89 Tracklist
- Mongo Santamaria – Yambu
- Modernaires Dance Band – Abrantsie Pa
- Fred Frith – Same Old Me
- Lata Mangeshkar – 1956, 1957,1958
- Tom Waits – Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Emerald Sapphire & Gold – Erase You
- Happy Mondays – Tart Tart
- Mighty Sparrow – Congo Man
- Ebo Taylor – Heaven
- The Hunches – Murdering Train Track Blues
- Cyril Davies – Country Line Special
- Shut Up and Dance – Reclaim the Streets
- Comus – Diana
- African Brothers Band International – Eye A Na Me Mu
- Roy Budd – The Thief
- Yaaba Funk – Nyash E Go Bite You
- Qpambuq International Band of Ghana – My Darling