Fresh from releasing her new mini LP, “6 of the Best”, girl about town, She Rocola brings her band, Lady & the Tramps along to the Home Spun Sessions for a knees up. Believe you me, these cats throw a rum party – I got to bed as the sun was rising and it was a Monday. MeaOw! My poor head…
- She’s not alone: when Fats Waller played for 3 days for Al Capone.
- Join the Car Crash Set: Travelling round San Fransisco in a Ford Cougar listening to Bullit on full blast.
- Rocking the Camden scene with leatherette clad Bob Log III, who gets two young ladies up and plays with one on each knee for his encore.
- Check out Grace Jones’ fantastically flamboyant film,“One Man Show.”
- Name checking the excellent output of Too Pure records: Minxus, StereoLab, PJ Harvey, Moonshake and The’ Faith Healers.
- Going for a curry in Bradford with “Rita, Sue and Bob Too”.
- A chip off the old block: A day in the downfall of John Cooper Clarke.
- How John lost his Fedora.
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 90 Tracklist
- Boogaloo & His Gallant Crew – Cops & Robbers
- Gabor Szabo – Gypsy Queen
- Lalo Schifrin – Bullit
- Grace Jones – Warm Leatherette
- Lady & the Tramps – St. James Infirmary
- Lady & the Tramps – Everybody Thinks You’re Beautiful
- Lady & the Tramps – Rum & Coca Cola
- CSS – Art Bitch
- Alternative TV – Why Don’t You Do Me Right
- Big L – Devil’s Son
- Lady & the Tramps – Spinach
- Lady & the Tramps – What Shall We Do With the Drunken Sailor?
- Lady & the Tramps – House of Bamboo
- Lady & the Tramps – Seafood Mamma
- Lady & the Tramps – Show Me the Way to the Next Whiskey Bar
- Lady & the Tramps – Beginning to See the Light
- Clifford Brown – Gerkin for Perkin
- Fats Waller – Ain’t Misbehavin’