From the heady rites of Santeria to the glitzy posturing of Catholicism, we love ritual, especially if it has a sexual edge. Whether it be blood sacrifice, ecstatic visions, frenzied dancing, or simply cross-dressing Xango in Christian vestments, we check out weird and wonderful musical ritual and rite.
- Drinking vodka with Mr K – Matthew prefers Rum!
- There are some things you just don’t tamper with – That great psychedelic masterpiece, “The Wizard of Oz” should be sacrosanct!
- When Steven Hawkins clashed with the Vatican.
- All about the time Simon got lucky and saw two pink moons on the motorway!
Listen to the Podcast Here:
Slides of the Vinyl
Episode 98 Tracklist
- John Bean – Mr. K
- James Chance and the Contortions – Roving Eye
- Wolfgang Press – Kansas
- Andre Williams – House of Bamboo
- Carmen Miranda – O Que É Que a Bahiana Tem
- Celina Y Reutillo – Rezo y Canto Pa’ Mi Ache
- Wall of Voodoo – Mexican Radio
- Dave Pike Set – Raga Jeeva Swara
- A Certain Ratio – Lucinda
- Masta Ace – Movin’ On
- Marion Brown – Once Upon a Time (A Children’s Tale)
- Ti Roro – Haitian Drums
- Th’ Faith Healers – A Word of Advice
- The Adverts – One Chord Wonders
- Roger & the Gypsies – Pass the Hatchet
- Horace Silver – Señor Blues
- Lee Perry – Wishes of the Wicked
- Miriam Makeba – Umqokozo
- Kip Tyler & His Flips – Jungle Hop
- Nico Gomez – Caballo Negro